History

      In 1859, Joseph Wemple acquired property in Milford where he constructed the first flour mill in Northern California. His sons operated a dairy in the area and purchased the rest of the land that the Wemple family currently farms and ranches. In 1898, Claude Wemple, with the help of his sons, Don and Glenn, purchased the ranch from the other family members and built a successful cow/calf and farming operations. Their sons decided to divide the operation in 1989. One side of the family still runs the cow/calf operation. Fred and his family, Dena, Matt and Callie run the farming operation.